Under the supervision of the Die Room Supervisor, the CNC Operator/Programmer will insure proper setup and operation of the CNC Machine with the purpose of safely producing a quality product to customer specifications.
Job title: CNC Operator/Programmer
Department: Die Room
Reports to: Die Room Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate all CNC Machines
- Determine work to be performed by use of the company’s ERP system
- Use the appropriate cutting tools based on the design of the item to be machined
- Inspect the item to be machined for material or dimensional defects
- Set up item to be machined based on geometry of the item
- Look for offline program, if not present contact offline programmer and have program created or select an existing program for item to be machined
- Run program and observe machining process for tool wear, tool breakage, adequate program performance and possible mechanical interference
- Perform visual inspection of completed item to print
- Routine maintenance of CNC machines; check oil levels, coolant levels and concentration, change filters and monitor overall machine performance
- Keep machine and work area neat, clean and organized
- Maintain required quantity and quality levels
- Follow all safety regulations
- Operate Company computer system
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/Or Experience
A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum of 5 years CNC machining experience or graduation from a certified technical CNC machining program is required. A strong knowledge of machining practices and techniques is needed. Individual needs a basic knowledge of tool steel. Related manufacturing experience or progressively responsible related experience is preferred. The position requires additional in-house training on special areas as appropriate.
Requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, work instructions, employee handbook, and safety regulations.
Position requires above average math skills and a basic knowledge of trigonometry. The ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic math is required (to include addition and division).
Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Requires ability to operate and/or use various tools and equipment to include the Company computer system, cutting tools, measuring instruments, hand air tools and overhead crane. Individual must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk, and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 60 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near CNC machines and other moving mechanical parts. The employee is often exposed to high heat or hot working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.